Resistance training, strength training, pumping iron («a well loved child has many names») is known to have several positive effects. Here we are listing then 10 most important ones.
RESISTANCE TRAINING IMPROVES:
• Body composition (more muscle, less fat)
• Bone density
• Flexibility (if done with full Range Of Motion)
RESISTANCE TRAINING PREVENTS:
• Sarcopenia (age induced loss of muscle mass)
• Metabolic diseases (CVD, Type-2 Diabetes)
• Injuries (work/ sports injuries)
These arguments should be able to convince anyone about the benefits of working out with weights, right? Share this article with someone you think would benefit from resistance training but is not doing it yet.